Hernia affects more than a million people in India itself. Globally, about 27% of males and 3% of females develop a groin hernia at some time in their life. In the year 2015 Inguinal, femoral and abdominal hernias were present in 18.5 million people and resulted in 59,800 deaths. Hernia repair is among the most common surgical procedures. Hernia is a treatable condition and results are better if managed at the earliest. Currently the use of minimally Invasive Hernia repair surgeries is increasing. With growing prevalence, special expertise is required in the repair of large and complex hernias.
Master Surgeon Series
Master Surgeon Series is an educational initiative by Dr Parthasarathy Ramakrishnan, a renowned and one of the most rewarded surgeons in the field of Minimal Invasive Surgery. Mediknit has developed a standardized surgical training along with Dr Parthasarthy to assist surgeons to enhance their surgical skills and confidently perform minimal invasive procedures.
Masterclass In Minimal Invasive Hernia Repair
Masterclass in minimal invasive hernia repair is an extensive online training program designed and delivered by Dr Parthasarathi. The course intendeds to cover the key gap areas in surgical management of Hernia along with special training on some of the expert patented surgical techniques.
Dr. Parthasarathy Ramakrishnan
Medical Director and Head, Department of Upper GI & Minimal Access Surgery GEM Hospital & Research Centre ; Executive Committee Member, AMASI (Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India)View Profile
College of AMASI
Dr. Bhaskar Rajakumar
MD Radiology, MBA
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes
This 10- week online courses comprises the important aspects of inguinal anatomy, Laparoscopic TAPP,TEP, Hernia Management, Ventral Hernia Repair, IPOM Surgery, Fixation devices, Laparoscopic Management of difficult incisional hernia, e TEP TAR- Laparoscopic Sublay Mesh Repair that help to enrich the laparoscopic skills of surgeons.
Who should take up this course?
The Minimal Invasive Hernia Training Program is intended for practicing surgeons, post graduate students with MS (General Surgery/ Surgery) or DNB (Surgery). This program has been designed as a structured and systematic introduction to students, beginners or those who already have some degree of competency to the best-established international hernia surgery practices that exist today.
On completion of this course, the surgeon should be able to:
- Understand and recognize the basics of inguinal anatomy, indications for hernia repair
- Perform basic and advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques such as TAPP, TEP, Ventral hernia repair, IPOM, ETEP TAR in an improved manner
- Enhancing practical knowledge in advanced laparoscopic procedures through Virtual live sessions
- Identify and understand the prosthesis and fixation devices used in hernia surgeries, suturing and knotting techniques
- Introduction of course
- History of Hernia surgery
- Anatomy of Inguinal region
- Recollect anatomy
- Live surgeries
- Live surgeries
- Lap. inguinal hernia TAPP/ TEP (Indirect sac dissection ) – Live
Difficult inguinal Hernia management
- Virtual live videos
- Complication of hernia surgeries
- Prosthesis in hernia surgery
- Fixation devices in hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic suturing and knotting
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repair – Lecture
- Laparoscopic IPOM - Live surgery
- Laparoscopic management of difficult incisional hernias - Virtual live
- e TEP TAR -Laparoscopic sublay mesh repair
- Live surgery
- MS (General Surgery/ Surgery) or DNB (Surgery) passed surgeons
- Post Graduate Students pursing MS general Surgery / DNB (Surgery)
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
No. The aim of this course is to be a form of continuing professional development that will increase your clinical knowledge, demonstrate tips & tricks of Laparoscopic Hernia and make hence improve your laparoscopic skills. It is not a replacement to formal medical education and specialization.
Yes, it is completely an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. The program is available for a duration of 10 weeks or course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
Once you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a unique enrollment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrollment, please feel free to call us on +91 78997 23391 or write to us on email@example.com
All assessments are online and MCQ based. You will also be given a final exam successful completion of which will make you eligible for the certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 10 weeks or the course duration (which ever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
Once you successfully pass your final exam, you can download the E-Certificate from Mediknit.org. If you need assistance, please feel free to call on +91 78997 23391
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and the course being delivered by well-renowned clinical expert in the field of Laparoscopy. This training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding of different techniques in operating Hernia. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.
Yes. The course and the content are relevant across the globe for Minimal Access Surgeons. International Students before enrolling can contact the learner management team by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 9686199051
* Fees inclusive of 18% GST
* At no instance the registration fees shall be refunded, if the applicant is either disqualified or fails to take up the course
* On short listing the names if the applicant chooses not to take up the course, he shall inform not later than 10 days from the date of short list announcement
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/ Letter from HOD, Address Proof (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK)
* Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s)